Michael Bösch is Managing Partner of Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte since 2022. He is specialized in arbitration as well as in corporate and commercial. Particularly in commercial disputes, he has extensive expertise in national and international arbitration conducted under the most common rules such as ICC, LCIA and Swiss Rules but also ad hoc. In doing so, Michael acts primarily as counsel, increasingly as arbitrator. He also represents clients in civil law litigation.
His additional expertise is corporate and commercial. As long time advisor of many companies he knows their business needs which allows him to provide tailor-made solutions. When disputes arise his clients benefit from Michael’s expertise in dispute resolution. Michael is a board member or corporate secretary of several Swiss companies.
According to Who’s Who Legal Michael is recognized as ‘Future Leader’ in arbitration and in civil law litigation. Also Legal 500 recommends him for civil law litigation but also for corporate, commercial and M&A.
Within Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte, Michael used to be responsible for HR and for Marketing and Business Development.
- Since 2011
- Partner, Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte KLG, Zurich
- 2005 – 2010
- Associate, Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte KLG, Zurich
- 2003 – 2004
- Associate, Wilms & Ruggle, Zurich
- 2001 – 2002
- Court clerk, District Court of Hinwil
- 2000 – 2001
- Junior Associate, Wenger & Vieli AG, Zurich
Legal Education / Bar Admission
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington DC, Master of Laws in international legal studies with special emphasis on dispute resolution (LL.M.)
- Admitted to the Bar
- University of Fribourg, Master of Law (lic. iur.)
- Insolvency and Restructuring
- Employment & Migration
- New Technology, ICT and Data Protection
German, English, French
- Swiss and Zurich Bar Association (delegate of the Zurich Bar Association since 2012)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- International Bar Association (IBA)
Show selected publications by Michael Bösch