Daniel Stoll has been a Partner with Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte since 1994. For more than 20 years, Daniel has served clients in matters of banking law and related areas. He has extensive experience in resolving and litigating disputes in banking, inheritance, financial markets, commercial and estate matters. He represents clients in front of regulatory and supervisory bodies and he is regularly engaged by corporations and individuals that fell victims of irregular or criminal acts.
Daniel is retained by entrepreneurs as well as families to shape transfers of enterprises to the next generation, estate planning and wealth structuring. He is a director of various stock corporations in the sectors financial market, real estate, trade and technology. In his fields of practice he regularly contributes academic publications.
Chambers Global, Legal 500 and other market observers rank him for years as an expert in Dispute Resolution and Litigation:
“Daniel Stoll is an outstanding expert in financial market disputes and regulatory matters, fast working, with a strong grip on complex matters and a tremendous overview; above all, he’s nice to work with.” (Legal 500, 2020).
“One client appreciates his ‘great analytical skills and dedication to the best interests of the client’, adding that he is ‘very experienced, eloquent and pleasant to work with'” (Chambers Global 2019).
“He is very good in devising tactics for litigation and also very good in negotiations” (Chambers Global 2017).
“Stoll always stays very calm and thinks things through carefully; he is very strategic and has an understanding of each client’s individual situation” (Chambers Global 2015).
For many years he was holding the position as Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte’s Managing Partner and served as CFO.
- Since 1994
- Partner, Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte KLG, Zurich
- 1992 – 1993
- Associate, Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte KLG, Zurich
- 1987 – 1992
- In-house counsel, UBS, Zurich and New York
- 1984 – 1985
- Court clerk and legal secretary, District Court of Zurich
- 1982 – 1983
- Junior associate, in commercial law firm, Zurich
Legal Education / Bar Admission
- Georgetown University Legal Center, Washington, DC, US Legal System – Orientation
- University of Zurich, J.D. (Dr. iur.)
- Admitted to the Bar
- University of Zurich, Master of Law (lic. iur.)
- Banking and Capital Markets Law
- Inheritance, Estate and Asset Planning
- Family Office, Estate Administration and Executorship
- Contentious Matters relating to Trusts, Foundations, Estates and Inheritance
German, English, French
- Swiss and Zurich Bar Associations
- International Bar Association
- Swiss American Society
Show selected publications by Daniel Stoll