Dr. Daniel Stoll
Daniel Stoll is a senior partner with THOUVENIN rechtsanwälte. For more than 20 years, Daniel has served clients in matters of banking law and related areas. He has extensive experience in resolving and litigating disputes in banking, financial markets, commercial and estate matters. He represents clients
in front of regulatory and supervisory bodies and he is regularly engaged by corporations and individuals that fell victims of irregular or criminal acts.
Chambers Global and other market observers rank him for years among Switzerland’s leading practitioners in Dispute Resolution and Litigation. “He is very good in devising tactics for litigation and also very good in negotiations” (Chambers Global 2017); “Stoll always stays very calm and thinks things through carefully; he is very strategic and has an understanding of each client’s individual situation” (Chambers Global 2015).
Daniel is retained by entrepreneurs as well as families to shape transfers of enterprises to the next generation, estate planning and wealth structuring. He is a director of various stock corporations in the sectors financial market, real estate, trade and technology. In his fields of practice he regularly contributes academic publications.
For many years he was holding the position as THOUVENIN rechtsanwälte’s Managing Partner and served as CFO.
- Since 1994
- Partner, Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte KLG, Zurich
- 1992 – 1993
- Associate, Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte KLG, Zurich
- 1987 – 1992
- In-house counsel, UBS, Zurich and New York
- 1984 – 1985
- Court clerk and legal secretary, District Court of Zurich
- 1982 – 1983
- Junior associate, David Lienert & Ramer, Zurich
Legal Education / Bar Admission
- Georgetown University Legal Center, Washington, DC, US Legal System – Orientation
- University of Zurich, J.D. (Dr. iur.)
- Admitted to the Bar
- University of Zurich, Master of Law (lic. iur.)
Swiss and Zurich Bar Associations
International Bar Association
d.stoll [at] thouvenin [dot] com
+ 41 44 421 45 45